Chaperon – San Francisco’s Only Free
Over 380,000 copies reach almost 1 million international visitors at 245+ locations abroad and in San Francisco, Chaperon is the best advertising opportunity for reaching international visitors to the Bay Area.
Are You Missing Out on International Traveler Dollars?
Did you know that…
- International travelers account for 4 of the 18 million visitors who come to San Francisco each year. That’s 22% of all visitors!
- International travelers spend BIG! They spend $325 a day versus domestic travelers, who spend only $185 a day.
- Growth in international traveler numbers has increased 18.6% in the past five years — and the trend continues!
How can you afford to overlook these travelers?
Meet Chaperon—your passport to international traveler business
Chaperon is a free comprehensive multilingual guide to San Francisco designed for the foreign visitor not familiar with the local language and customs. It features complete detailed maps of the city and the surrounding region. It also features statistics, practical information, suggestions, and specific directions for walks in San Francisco as well as excursions around the Bay Area.
San Francisco Chaperon is published annually in eight editions: German, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese, and Korean.
Be Where International Travelers Will See You First
Chaperon is everywhere international travelers are likely to see it:
- 8 visitor desks at SFO and 2 at OAK
- 200+ hotels (60 added in last year!)
- SF Travel Association at Hallidie Plaza, California Welcome Center PIER 39, Sausalito Visitor Center, and Macy’s Visitor Center
- Local and international tour operators
- Foreign consulates
- Foreign language tour guides from the San Francisco Tour Guide Guild
- Outside the U.S. – SF Travel Association distributes Chaperon to international tour operators, major tourism shows, and their worldwide offices.